If you love Wedding Cookies, then you will love these Cinnamon Pecan Cookies. I took my favorite Wedding Cookie recipe and added a twist to it by adding ground cinnamon and Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil. I also made it with Einkorn flour, which is known as the oldest variety of wheat that dates back to the beginning of time. Einkorn’s natural genetic code and low gluten levels make it a superior choice because of the compatibility with the human body when compared to the modern hybrid wheat of today. Einkorn grain is easier to digest, so nutrients are better absorbed.
I have gluten issues. So the Einkorn flour works great for me. It has only 1.21% gluten content, while all purpose flour has 9.2%.
Update: After I posted this, I had several people ask where to buy the Einkorn flour. You can buy it here. If you are a wholesale member, you can get a 24% discount and other great deals.
- If you are interested in getting a wholesale member and have questions, please contact me. I will help answer your questions so you can choose the kit that best fits you.
- If you are ready to get started right now, click here.
This recipe is super easy to make with the following ingredients: butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, pecans, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil.
First, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add vanilla and Cinnamon Bark essential oil and mix well. Add the flour and pecans and mix. The batter will be crumbly… which is perfect!
Form balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake and cool completely. These cookies flatten out a bit while baking. I’m assuming it is because there is not enough gluten content to keep them formed into a ball. But that’s just a guess. It really doesn’t matter because they are DELISH!
Combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Roll cookies in this mixture to coat. Make sure the cookies are completely cool. Otherwise, they will get sticky.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 drops Young Living Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 2 cups Einkorn flour
- 2 cups ground pecans
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and Cinnamon Bark essential oil.
- Mix flour and pecans into the mixture. Batter will be crumbly.
- Form into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Let cool completely. If you don't, the powdered sugar in the next step will get sticky.
- Roll in powdered sugar and cinnamon.