Cranberry sauce is a common condiment on most Thanksgiving and Christmas tables. I honestly didn’t think I liked the stuff until a few years ago. I think it stems back to when I was in grade school and the cafeteria ladies served it at room temperature from a can. Ewwwwww!
Once I discovered real cranberry sauce, I was hooked. It is super easy to make. I don’t know why anyone would ever buy that canned stuff. Anyway, this year I added a little pizzazz to my recipe by adding Orange essential oil. Wow! This takes it to an all new level.
Did I mention how easy this is to make? It has only four ingredients.
The Orange essential oil gives it a burst of citrusy flavor.
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2-3 drops Young Living Orange essential oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice.
- Stir in cranberries and cook until the cranberries begin to pop (about 8-10) minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow sauce to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Orange essential oil.
- Pour into a bowl. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can add 1-2 drops of Young Living Cinnamon Bark essential oil to add some spice.